Kvatakhevi (Kbatakhevi) — it is the orthodox monastery which is founded in the gorge of the river of Kavtura, near the village Kavtiskhevi in region of Shida Kartli, in 55 km from Tbilisi. In translation the monastery means “the stony gorge” (KVA — “stone”, HEV — “gorges”).
At first it was the convent, and today is the monastery for men.
The temple represents a square. Inside the crosswise room is crossed with a dome. The monastery has 2 entrances, the facade is decorated with white tiles from a stone. In 1872 to the building of the monastery the belltower was attached. The refectory, towers, monastery also enters a complex and and a stone wall also enters a complex.
The road to Kvatakhevi is simple, it is necessary to go towards Mtskheta, and then to pass to Route Armazi, then to curtail on a dirt road near the village Tsinarekhi. From here the deadlock road to the monastery conducts about 10 kilometers and comes to an end at Kvatakhevi.